Introduction to Diffpack Programming -
A Year-Round Training Series
You Will Learn How To:
• Develop flexible numerical software with extensive use of well-tested libraries
• Object-oriented programming of finite element solvers
• Apply algorithms and software tools for nonlinear problems
• Coupling of systems of equations
• Create simulators for advanced topics in computational PDEs,such as mixed finite elements for the Navier-Stokes equations.
Participants will first be given the opportunity to develop and completely understand a simple elliptic FEM code that has all the key components of any standard FEM code. But in addition they will experience how easy it is to increase the sophistication of the solver by using the built-in Diffpack facilities, such as data and parameter management, higher order elements, adaptive grid refinement and multilevel solvers.